Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Going Green

Okay, I know St. Patty's Day has come and gone, and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but that last Green post got me thinking...

Coral is the color of the season, I get it.  But I'm sorry, Vogue, I'm not on this bandwagon.  Coral just doesn't look good on girls like me.

Pale skin + coral = blandblandbland.  And I don't do bland (surprise).
If you ask me, green is the new coral, and since we're hot on the heels of spring weather (yes, I know it's technically spring already, but it's still cold here), why NOT green?  Look around:  everything's turning green.  It's so hot right now.
Case in point:  a few of my favorite green things this spring.
The enviable green Zara scarf!  See where to buy in the "It Ain't Easy Being Green" post.
Good Lord, I wish I could afford this Marc by Marc Jacobs purse.  If you happen to have an extra $350 sitting around, you can buy this at Neiman Marcus and flaunt it in front of me.  But I can't guarantee it won't disappear shortly thereafter.
 
Okay, this is more summer than spring, but I LOVE this Betsey Johnson swimsuit top.
Hunter Boots - Perfect for spring showers! 




LOVELOVELOVE these frames!  These I can afford.  And you can, too.  Thank God for Zenni Optical!

Great wedges to pair with a dress or with jeans.. and the best part? They're only $25!  They come in bright green, too.  Score a pair at Payless.


I'm not usually big on green nail polish, but this shimmery emerald is surprisingly classy.  It's called Essie Dominica Green.  Not your shade?  Find your perfect green with a little help from All Lacquered Up.

And who couldn't use a little cocktail cheer this spring?  I know I could...
 So even if coral does work for you, why not spread a little spring cheer in nature's brightest, boldest greens?  If nothing else, it'll allow you to blend in with the crowd (i.e. trees and bushes)... and keep you from getting pinched.

2 comments:

  1. oooh i love everything you posted on here.... thanks for helping me know what's cool :)

    ReplyDelete